From our head of school, Jie Moore:
We would like to share with you the exciting news that Shu Ren’s elementary and middle schools have been officially accredited by WASC (Western Association of Schools and Colleges). Besides of our PYP authorization in December 2013, this is another significant milestone in our school’s development and growth. It indicates that we are on track to become a quality, well-respected school. This is a collective effort by Shu Ren faculty, staff, parents, and students and an achievement of which we should all be very proud.
Achieving this milestone would not have been possible without the support of our administrative staff at Shu Ren, the amazing teaching faculty, our tremendously supportive parents and, most importantly, the talented students of Shu Ren. We express our sincere thanks to all those who have supported our efforts to become accredited by WASC.
The Visiting Committee provided the following assessments of our schools wide areas of strengths:
- Shu Ren’s new site is an excellent facility for the present and the near future.
- Shu Ren has strong belief and support for both the IB and Mandarin Chinese programs making them a unique and special as a school.
- Shu Ren has a low student-to-teacher ratio which allows for excellent attention and support.
- Shu Ren has a caring, talented, and diverse staff focused on a common vision, mission and goals.
- Shu Ren has an educated and knowledgeable parent community that strongly supports both the IB and Mandarin Immersion components of the Shu Ren program.
- A strong element of their curriculum is their commitment to offer multiple field trips to all grades on a regular basis.
The Visiting Committee also listed areas for improvement including continuation of developing the MYP program and seeking MYP authorization; using more innovative approaches in marketing and recruitment to further enhance the school, and increase enrollment in our upper grade classes and further developing IT infrastructure and a comprehensive system for student records. They are very much in agreement with the goals that we as a school have set forth for the coming years and we have already started to work on many of these items.
We want to celebrate this great achievement for our school today and also look forward to continue to improve our programs in the coming years to come!
Thank you all for your support!