Working at Shu Ren
Head of School Search
We are seeking a new Head of School, an individual of integrity and passion who believes in the Shu Ren model and is willing to work hard and collaboratively with the Governing Board, faculty, staff, and parents to lead our school to the next level.
Responsibilities for the position include:
- Serve as the chief administrator of the school and report directly to the School’s Governing Board
- Display a vision for leading the school to the highest levels of excellence in all areas of the school operation
- Model the highest educational and professional standards
- Recruit and retain excellent faculty, staff and administration
- Collaborate with the administrative team and faculty to coordinate the development of effective administrative procedures
- Oversee and manage the school’s annual budget set in conjunction with the School’s Governing Board with prudent financial policies, procedures and practices to remain within budget
- Collaborate and liaise with the various stakeholder groups that comprise the school community
- Encourage faculty to explore and initiate innovations in teaching practices
- Lead the authorization process of MYP
- A university degree in education or related fields, preferably a Masters or Doctoral Degree in Educational Administration, Educational Leadership or equivalent
- Demonstrable personal and professional commitment to the ethos of the IB Programmes and knowledge of PYP and MYP programmes and their authorization process
- Familiarity with Chinese history and culture and a strong belief in the value of Shu Ren educational model as a bilingual (English/Mandarin) IB School
- At least three years of experience as head of an IB World school
- Solid knowledge of the management functions of an independent school, including finance, admissions, marketing, curriculum development, and faculty recruiting, supervision and retention.
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin Chinese
- Demonstrable experience increasing school enrollment and growing a school
Desired Personal Characteristics
- A passionate, optimistic and dynamic educational leader
- Appreciation of diversity and culturally sensitive and an effective cross-cultural communicator
- Demonstrated kindness, integrity and moral character
- Ability to develop and maintain trust amongst constituent groups
- Warm and respectful to children and adolescents
- Focused on student learning, confident and goal oriented
- Proactive in analyzing, planning and implementing strategic action
- Consultative in style, leading responsibly and responsively through empowering the administrative team to make balanced, but sometimes difficult decisions
- An inclusive, articulate communicator who listens to and hears the opinions and concerns of community members and is able to address and respond to those opinions and concerns
- A visionary with the ability to embrace the bigger picture while paying appropriate attention to details
Salary and Benefits
Shu Ren International School is committed to attracting and retaining a highly qualified Head of School. The salary and benefits will be commensurate with qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. Benefits include; competitive salary, health insurance, retirement benefits, relocation allowance and others.
Process for Filing an Application
The ideal start time for this position is August 2016, however, we will continue the search if no suitable candidate is identified by August 2016. Interested candidates should apply as soon as possible.
Candidates should submit the following information as soon as possible in the format requested:
- A letter of application explaining your educational philosophy, your strengths as a candidate and why you are interested in this particular position
- A current resume including a listing of three referees along with their e-mail addresses and phone numbers
Please note that all the above materials must be scanned into a single PDF file titles by the name of the applicant and sent to email@example.com.
Shu Ren International School is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment. The School does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, or sexual orientation.
Employees must satisfy all the pre-employment requirements prior to appointment, which include, but are not limited to, tuberculosis clearance, fingerprint processing, and verification of their legal right to work in the United States.
* Shu Ren International School is an authorized PYP school and is a candidate for the IB Middle Years Programme (MYP), which is designed to prepare students for the IB Diploma Programme (DP) or the Career-related Programme (CP). Only schools authorized by the IB Organization can offer any of its four academic programmes: the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), the Diploma Programme (DP) or the Career-related Programme (CP). Candidate status gives no guarantee that authorization will be granted.