Working at Shu Ren
- Attend weekly meetings with each grade level, ensuring minutes are kept for each meeting
- Ensure PYP planners are completed fully and correctly
- Create electronically shared folders for each grade level, with folders for each unit of inquiry, making sure folders are complete and fully reflect work for the entire year
- Build resources in collaboration with each grade level for each unit of inquiry
- Observe lessons to ensure PYP standards are met/implemented. Offer guidance and mentorship for teachers
- Coordinate new staff PYP induction
- Assessable professional profiles for all teachers, identify what Professional Development areas are needed and identify staff for workshops or in-house training
- Communicate with parents on progress of PYP program in monthly newsletter as well as attend meetings, PTO, etc. to work with parents to meet PYP standards at school
- Cover lessons from time to time so colleagues can observe other colleagues to promote professional development and reflection.
- Ensure POI is aligned with PYP Scope and Sequence documents
- Attend local PYP Coordinators meetings
- Organize visits for staff to other PYP schools, cover for staff to do visits as necessary
- Prepare for site visits, documentation, scheduling, interviews
- Conduct staff surveys each term to gauge staff self-evaluation of progress being made
- Collect evidence of assessment data for all grade levels, ensuring data is used to inform teaching as it relates to each individual child (differentiation).
- Be familiar with and promote understanding and use of all PYP documents.
- Ensure that copies of IB publications pertaining to the PYP section of the school are available to all staff members.
- Publish the school’s program of inquiry.
- Lead the process of developing or reviewing the school’s curriculum documents, including the program of inquiry and scope and sequence documents.
- Ensure that agreements are followed for assessment, language and teaching and learning
- Participate in the formation of the school’s strategic development plan.
- Maintain the archive of PYP exhibition records from one year to the next.
- Ensure that the document entitled Rules for IB World Schools: Primary Years Programmeis shared with relevant staff
- Curriculum Coordinator: 2 years
- Teaching: 2 years
- Immersion Education: 2 years
Salary and Benefits
Shu Ren International School is committed to attracting and retaining a highly qualified Head of School. The salary and benefits will be commensurate with qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. Benefits include; competitive salary, health insurance, retirement benefits, relocation allowance and others.
Process for Filing an Application
The ideal start time for this position is August 2016, however, we will continue the search if no suitable candidate is identified by August 2016. Interested candidates should apply as soon as possible.
Candidates should submit the following information as soon as possible in the format requested:
- A letter of application explaining your educational philosophy, your strengths as a candidate and why you are interested in this particular position
- A current resume including a listing of three referees along with their e-mail addresses and phone numbers
Please note that all the above materials must be scanned into a single PDF file titles by the name of the applicant and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shu Ren International School is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment. The School does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, or sexual orientation.
Employees must satisfy all the pre-employment requirements prior to appointment, which include, but are not limited to, tuberculosis clearance, fingerprint processing, and verification of their legal right to work in the United States.
* Shu Ren International School is an authorized PYP school and is a candidate for the IB Middle Years Programme (MYP), which is designed to prepare students for the IB Diploma Programme (DP) or the Career-related Programme (CP). Only schools authorized by the IB Organization can offer any of its four academic programmes: the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), the Diploma Programme (DP) or the Career-related Programme (CP). Candidate status gives no guarantee that authorization will be granted.