Shu Ren International School is exploring ways in which it can fund need-based financial aid in order to achieve socioeconomic diversity.
Family aid deadline for 2017-18 school year is January 15, 2017. Families applying after the priority deadline can still apply for and receive financial aid if there is still financial aid available.
- Complete and submit a Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS).
To aid in evaluating financial need Shu Ren uses the School and Student Service for Financial Aid (SSS) to process applications for tuition assistance. SSS provides need-based financial aid analysis to private and independent schools nationwide. To begin the financial aid process, please visit SSS by NAIS’s website. During the application process you will be asked to provide Shu Ren’s school code. It is 4745. Please note: In case of divorce or separation, both parents are required to complete the following steps in their entirety.
Please see following for key application dates:
- Returning families must apply by Monday, February 29, 2016.
- Prospective families must apply by Friday, January 15, 2016.
Families applying after the priority deadline are still welcome to apply for financial aid
2. Submit supporting documents as specified in SSS.
The following documents must be submitted to SSS at the same time submitting your financial aid application:
– Past two years of tax returns (2014 and 2015) 1040 with all filed schedules and attachments
– Past two years of W2 (2015 and 2016. If 2016 W2 is not available before January 15, 2017, it can be submitted later.)
– Tax Form 4506-T (https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-
pdf/f4506t.pdf, signed and dated)
- All financial aid will be need-based.
- Admission decisions are made separately from financial aid decisions.
- Shu Ren will strive to meet demonstrated need, but because of limited financial aid funds, awards meet only a portion of the need indicated by SSS and in no case offers more than a percentage of tuition. The school does not make 100% award. As with all other families, financial aid recipients are expected to pay the remaining portion of tuition on time. If the payments are delinquent the school may withdraw the financial aid and ask the family to leave.
- Families of students who have been admitted and have returned their contract with the required deposit, but who do not receive sufficient financial aid for their needs and do not wish to enroll as a result, will receive reimbursement of their deposit in full.
If you have any questions about your PFS or would like to check receipt and status of your supporting documentation, please email SSS by NAIS at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the SSS helpline at 1-800-344-8328.
With other questions regarding financial aid with Shu Ren, please email us at email@example.com.