TUITION AND PAYMENT PLANS
Tuition for the school year (September 2017 – June 2018)
- Pre-K $19,600
- K – G5 $20,500
- G6 – 8 $21,100
Discount for younger siblings (not applicable to financial aid recipients): 10%
A non-refundable deposit of 10% of the above tuition cost must accompany the enrollment agreement. The remaining balance can be paid by one of three payment plans:
- One payment:
- 100% due on May 1, 2017
- A $500 discount if paid on or before the due date, not applicable to recipients of financial aid or to payments made after May 1, 2016
- Two payments:
- 50% due on July 1, 2017
- 50% due on October 1, 2017
- Installment Plan: Due on the first of each month from July 2017 to March 2018 plus an administrative fee of $30 each month. All installment payments must be paid via Tuition Express (secure direct debits from bank accounts).
- Non-refundable application fee – Due upon application: $75
- Material and Activity Fees –
- One Payment Plan: Due on May 1, 2017: $450
- All Other Plans: Due on July 1, 2017: $450
- One-time enrollment fee (new students only)
- One Payment Plan: Due on May 1, 2017: $1500
- All Other Plans: Due on July 1, 2017: $1500
- Re-enrollment due: February 14th, 2017
- Late re-enrollment fee (current students only):
- If re-enrolled between February 15 – April 30, 2017: $500
- If re-enrolled after May 1, 2017: $750
- Additional Chinese or English tutoring after regular school hours: TBD
- Transportation, meal and lodging costs during local field trips and costs during overseas field trips: TBD
REFERRAL BONUS PROGRAM
- Currently enrolled Shu Ren families in the 2016 – 17 school year will be entitled to a referral bonus in the form of a tuition credit if a new family (with one or more students) enrolls at Shu Ren for the 2017 – 18 school year based on their referral. The new family must list the referring families name as the referring family in their enrollment contract. The new family does not receive the credit.
- The referral credit will be $1,000 per family referred.
- Both the new and current family must stay enrolled at the school for the 2017 – 18 school year and pay tuition on time for at least 6 months (i.e., till the end of February 2018) before this credit can be applied in March 2018.
OPTIONAL PROGRAMS WITH ADDITIONAL FEES
Shu Ren offers the following optional programs: Extended Day Care program and Homework Club, After-School Enrichment classes, Vacation Camps, and Summer Programs.
Extended Day Care (EDC)
EDC is available from 7:30am to 8:30am and from 3:00pm to 6:00pm, Monday through Friday. Morning care from 7:30am to 8:30am is free.
Unlimited usage (includes EDC during the fall, winter, and spring camps, but not the summer camp, due on September 1, 2017): $3,000/year
Homework club only (3pm – 4pm during school days, due on September 1, 2017): $1,400/year
Drop-in care (billed monthly): $14/hour
Late pick up fee (after 6pm): $5 per minute late
After-School Enrichment Classes: Additional fees apply
There are three vacation camps provided during the fall (October), winter (February), and spring (April). Enrollment is optional and can be made on a daily basis.
Vacation camp rate (8:30am – 3:00pm): $400/per camp session
Daily rate (8:30am – 3:00pm): $125/day
Extended day care during camps (7:30am – 8:30am, 3:00pm – 6:00pm): $15/day
Summer Camp: Additional fees apply
FIELD TRIP VOLUNTEER EXPECTATION
It is the expectation that each family volunteers to participate in at least one field trip each academic year for each child enrolled at Shu Ren. Volunteers will also need to have a live scan background check and they will act as a driver and/or chaperone.