After School Program
Shu Ren offers a variety of language and cultural enrichment classes as part of our After School Program, including Chinese class, Aikido class, ceramics, art, and music classes. They are taught in Mandarin and/or English. Our After School program is open to both Shu Ren students and students from surrounding schools. For students who are currently enrolled in kindergarten and higher grades, they may enroll in no more than 16 hours a week in all classes and extended care combined. For students who are currently enrolled in pre-schools, they may enroll in no more than 12 hours a week in all classes and extended care combined. There will be three sessions per school year: Fall, Winter, and Spring, and each session runs a maximum of 12 weeks. The Program runs between 3pm and 6pm from Monday to Friday.
Starting September 2011, we will no longer be able to provide transportation from nearby schools to Shu Ren. However, we will provide a Carpool Matching Program for parents to find a carpool partner with other students to share a ride to Shu Ren. Please indicate your interest in the carpool match on the Registration Form.
Program Information (2012-2013)
- Enrichment Class Descriptions (PDF) and Registration
- After-School Chinese Class Registration Form (PDF)
- After-School Calendar 2012-13 (PDF)
Class Confirmation and Cancellation
- A minimum number of students is required for a class to be held. It is possible for a class/session to be canceled without the minimal number of students.
- In the event a class meeting is canceled, it will be made up at a later date. If no date is available for the make-up class, refund will be issued.
There will be no refund or changes once classes begin. Transfers from one class to another will engender a fee unless initiated by Shu Ren. The School will contact you if your child does NOT get into a class due to under or over enrollment and a full refund will be given.