Pre-Primary and Primary Schools
In both Pre-Primary and Primary Schools, our program is based on the following core ideas:
- An inquiry-based approach which is child-centered not teacher-centered.
- The children are active learners and encouraged to ask questions and find the answers.
- It is highly trans-disciplinary, that is, it integrates the various academic subjects together.
- It is highly process-oriented rather than content-driven.
- Children will be motivated to become lifelong learners.
Pre-Primary School (Pre-K, ages 2-5)
The curriculum for the Pre-K student is play-based and developmentally appropriate. Pre-Kindergarten is 100% Mandarin. We provide support as needed for students who enter without any Mandarin knowledge. It has been demonstrated world-wide in language acquisition that there is a very fast learning period for children in this age group. We also offer a reinforced English option for students from non-English speaking families.
Kindergarten and Elementary Grades (ages 5 and up)
|Kindergarten and First Grade||One hour of English language instruction|
|Second Grade||Two hours of English language instruction|
|Third Grade and up||One hour of Spanish instruction and the rest of the time is evenly divided between English and Mandarin|
We will provide support as needed for students who enter without any Mandarin knowledge. We will also offer a reinforced English option for students from non-English speaking families.