Shu Ren Summer Camp 2016
Who Is It For? Children who are interested in learning Mandarin language skills through fun, immersion-based activities and hands-on field trips. No prior Mandarin skills are needed.
- Pre-K Mandarin Immersion Camp: Ages 2-5
- School-Age Language and Cultural Exchange Camp: Ages 5-13 (may be divided into smaller groups depending on the number of students registered). There may be opportunities to interact with students from China as part of a mutual cultural exchange.
When? The camp will be held in four two-week sessions between June 20 – August 12.
- Session 1: June 20 – July 1
- Session 2: July 5 – July 15 (No camp on July 4)
- Session 3: July 18 – July 29
- Session 4: Aug 1 – Aug 12
Camp runs from 8:30 am – 3:00 pm, with morning care and aftercare available from 7:30am to 6:00 pm for an additional charge. Pre-K students may register for a single week rather than a two-week session.
- Pre-K Camp: Shu Ren’s Pre-Primary campus, at 1333 University Avenue in Berkeley.
- School Age Camp: Shu Ren’s Elementary and Middle School campus, at 2125 Jefferson Avenue in Berkeley.
Students will use inquiry-based learning to explore each session’s theme, develop their Mandarin skills and engage in exciting, hands-on activities. For School-Aged Camp, each session will incorporate at least one field trip.
Details of the planned curriculum for each session of the School-Aged camp and the Pre-K camp are available soon. (Curriculum is subject to change.)
Camp Fee: $400 per week and $800 per two week session (8:30am – 3pm)
Extended Care Fee: $75 per week (7:30am – 8:30am, 3pm – 6pm)
Drop-in Extended Care: $14/hour (billed after usage)
Late Pick up Fee (after 6pm): $5/minute (billed after usage)
Note: We will also require some parent chaperones to accompany the students on the field trips.
REGISTRATION MUST BE DONE ONLINE AND PAID IN FULL BY CREDIT CARD. PLEASE REGISTER USING THE LINK BELOW.
Feel free to contact us at 510-981-0320 or email@example.com for more information.
We look forward to sharing a summer full of learning and fun!
Cancellation Policy: Written (including email) notice is required to cancel or change your registration and will be handled on a case by case basis. Registrations cancelled in writing before May 31, 2016 will be subject to a cancellation fee of 10%. After May 31, 2016 there are no refunds.