As a part of the Shu Ren International School team, you will gain unique, professional enrichment, a strong, supportive network, and access to a very special community of globally minded educators, families, and employees. Check here regularly to see all and any open positions within our school community. We currently have the following job opportunities:
1. Part-time Mandarin After-school teacher:
We are looking for a part-time Mandarin after-school teacher for our elementary students. This is a part-time position starting in December 2018.
- Provide after-school care for elementary students during school days, vacation camps and summer camp days (3pm - 6pm)
- Provide classroom supports during school hours as an assistant teacher throughout the school if needed
Preferred Skills and Qualities
- Experienced in supervising elementary students; being able to create a nurturing and fun environment for students to play and explore
- Knowledgeable of child safety, essential legal requirements related to students' supervision
- Being able to effectively communicate with parents in English or Chinese with regards to a student’s experience and behaviors in the after-school program
- Being flexible and an open-mind to diverse ideas and cultures
- Having an interest and understanding of inquiry-based education
- Being enthusiastic to make significant contribution to our school’s success
- Being able to work collaboratively with other staff members and the administrative team
- Being able to perform some basic and regular classroom cleaning and maintenance tasks
- A minimum of an associate degree from an accredited college or university
- At least one year of work experience, and ideally at least two years of work experience, in a school setting
Non-discrimination and Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Shu Ren International School is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment. The School does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, or sexual orientation.
Conditions of Employment
Employees must satisfy all the pre-employment requirements prior to appointment, which include, but are not limited to, tuberculosis clearance, fingerprint processing, and verification of their legal right to work in the United States.
Please send a cover letter and resume to jie.moore at shurenschool.org.