Sign up for Fall 2018-19 Tours and Open Houses!
At Shu Ren, we are looking for committed families who value a Mandarin English bilingual program and the rigor of the inquiry-based International Baccalaureate (IB) program.
- Mandarin Language Proficiency: Students entering PreK-Grade 1 are not required to have any previous Mandarin exposure or proficiency. Students entering Grades 2-5 without proficiency in Mandarin will require an evaluation to assess the student’s motivation and ability develop the proficiency required to interact and learn with their peers.
- Enrollment Age: All decisions for enrollment are primarily based on the readiness of the child as opposed to age and/or language ability. Although our official cut off is September 1st, we consider all applications and circumstances.
- We welcome inquiries and applications for our Grade 6 class for the 2019-2020 school year.
Tours and Open Houses
- Tours: You will see students and teachers engaged in classrooms, tour our school campus, and have the opportunity to ask questions regarding our programs. Tours typically last around 1 hour. Reserve a tour through our Inquiry Form.
- Open Houses: Come for a short presentation, a campus tour and a Q&A session with our Head of School and Admissions Director. Open Houses during school hours will also include classroom observations. On the weekends or in the evenings, Open Houses will include an inquiry-based, interactive workshop led by teachers. We highly encourage you to RSVP through our Inquiry Form.
Application and Enrollment
Step 1. Apply
Please submit the following items to Shu Ren International School:
- Online Application Form. A $100 non-refundable application fee is required.
- Two years of previous academic records (as applicable).
- Teacher Recommendation (for K-8 applicants only):
- This form will be emailed to you after submission of the application.
- Submit the appropriate form to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to The Admissions Office, Shu Ren International School, 2125 Jefferson Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94703.
- Families interested in details about financial aid - please our Financial Aid Page. The Financial Aid application must be submitted at the same time as the Admissions Application.
Step 2. Schedule a Parent Interview and a Student Visit
For all applicants, the school will contact you to schedule a Parent interview and Student observation (except for Pre-K 2 applicants) after reviewing the submitted application documents listed above.
Step 3. Receive Admissions and Financial Aid Decision Notification
Step 4. Sign Enrollment Contract