NEW Part-time Options for Pre-K2 Class!
We are happy to announce that we are offering two part-time options for Pre-K2 families in the upcoming 2018-19 school year!
- Option 1: Half-Day program (Attendance: 8:30AM-12:00PM, M-F; Tuition: $15,974)
- Option 2: Four Days a Week Program (Attendance: either Monday through Thursday or Tuesday through Friday; Tuition: $16,998)
Please contact the Admissions Office if you are interested!
Who are We Looking for?
At Shu Ren, we are looking for committed families who value a Mandarin English bilingual program and the rigor of the inquiry-based International Baccalaureate (IB) programmes.
- Age Cut Off: Our official age cut off is September 1st. However, if you have a child whose birthday does not fall within September we will still accept applications for that grade. All decisions for enrollment are heavily based on the readiness of the child as opposed to age and/or language ability.
- Potty-training: Students aged 2 years are not required to be potty trained. Admission to the Pre-Primary 3 (ages 3-4) and Pre-Primary 4 (ages 4-5) classes require students to be potty-trained.
- Mandarin language: Students entering Grade 1 and below are not required to have any previous Mandarin exposure or proficiency. Students entering Grades 2-5 without proficiency in Mandarin will require an evaluation to assess the student’s motivation and ability to catch up with their peers.
- We welcome inquiries and applications for our Grade 6 class for the 2019-2020 school year.
Tours and Information Sessions
- Tours: Reservations are required for a tour. During a tour, you will be able to see the students and teachers engaged in class, tour the facility, and have the opportunity to ask general questions regarding our program. The duration of the tour is usually 60 minutes.
- Information sessions: we highly encourage you to RSVP through our Inquiry Form or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Information Sessions consist of presentations, a facilities tour and Q&A opportunities with the Head of School, Admissions, and Teachers.
Please click the Inquiry Form to see available dates.
Application and Enrollment
Step 1. Apply
Submit the following items to Shu Ren International School.
- Application Form (Online application): A $75 non-refundable, application fee is required.
- Teacher Recommendation Form (Only Applicable for K-8):
- Kindergarten Recommendation Form
- Grades 1-5 Recommendation Form
- Submit the appropriate Teacher Recommendation Form to your child’s present teacher/care provider via email to email@example.com or mail to The Admissions Office, Shu Ren International School, 2125 Jefferson Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94703.
- Families interested in details about financial aid, please our Financial Aid Page. Financial Aid Application needs to be submitted at the same time as the Application.
Step 2. Schedule a Parent Interview and a Student Applicant Visit
For all applicants, the school will contact you to schedule a Parent interview and Student observation (except for Pre-K 2 applicants) after reviewing the submitted application documents listed above.
Step 3. Receive Admissions and Financial Aid Decision Notification
Sept 4. Sign Enrollment Contract