We are open for enrollment for Fall 2021-2022 in all grade levels： Pre-K2 to Grade 5！
We encourage all prospective families to attend either an Open House (December~March), or, schedule an individual school tour to better understand Shu Ren's approach to learning in an inquiry-based, Mandarin immersion environment.
Our Leadership team, faculty and current and alumni parents are available to meet you online to answer your questions. Please submit your inquiry through our Inquiry Form. Our Admissions Office will be in touch with you to schedule a Zoom meeting or phone call.
Application and Enrollment
Step 1. Apply online
Please submit the following items to Shu Ren International School:
- Online Application Form. A $100 non-refundable application fee is required.
- Two years of previous academic records (as applicable).
- Teacher Recommendation (for K-5 applicants only). We will reach out to the current teacher directly via email.
- This form will be emailed to you after submission of the application.
- Submit the appropriate form to email@example.com or mail to The Admissions Office, Shu Ren International School, 2125 Jefferson Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94703.
- Families interested in details about financial aid, please visit our Financial Aid Page. The Financial Aid application must be submitted at the same time as the Admissions Application.
Step 2. Schedule an virtual Parent Interview and an in-person Student Meet and Greet
After your application and supporting documents are received, we will schedule a parent interview and student "meet and greet" with our leadership team. The purpose of this time is to communicate Shu Ren's values and framework of learning to ensure that it aligns with what your family goals and values. This is a great time to ask questions and get to know who we are as a school community.
For the student "meet and greet," our leadership team would like to meet each child and engage them in conversation or a small activity.
Step 3. Receive Admissions and Financial Aid Decision Notification
Applications are accepted year-round on a rolling admission basis. For a Fall start date, interviews will be scheduled starting in January of the same year.
Our turnaround time for admissions decisions is approximately 2 working days after the interview.
Step 4. Sign Enrollment Contract
For accepted families, we will send an enrollment contract with a one week deadline to respond. A returned, signed contract and deposit will secure your seat for enrollment.